May 27, 2015
Date: May 27th, 2015
About Bill Ramsey
Bill Ramsey is a legend among climbers, having put up classic first
ascents in the Red River Gorge years ago such as Omaha Beach (14a),
Golden Boy (13b), and many others. He's 55 years old and he just
sent his 3-year project at the Cathedral near St. George, UT,
called "Golden for A Moment" (5.14b).
5.14b is about as hard as Bill has ever climbed, even in his 20's
and 30's, so with such a huge accomplishment under his belt, I
wanted to ask him some questions.
What We Talked About
- staying motivated after 100's of attempts
- his 14-hour training days
- whether his training style has changed as he gets older
- how he climbs and trains as a full-time philosophy professor at
- how he eats for training and loses weight for sending
- "The Pain Box" - his article on suffering and climbing
- learning from the failures
Links We Mentioned
Training Programs for You
Please Review The Podcast on iTunes!
- Link to the TrainingBeta Podcast on iTunes is HERE.
- Please give the podcast an honest
review on iTunes here to help the show reach more curious
climbers around the world ;)
Photo of Bill Ramsey by Mike Call
Thanks for listening!