Jun 22, 2015
About Steve Maisch
Steve Maisch is a local SLC strong man and
renowned training guru. If you’ve ever run into Steve at the cliff,
you know how humble and unassuming he is. Once he pulls onto the
wall though, his immense power and strength speak for
themselves. He makes very hard moves look easy. Clearly, his
training works, and not only for himself. He's had awesome success
training other people as a side project of his.
What We Talked About
- How he went from climbing V10 to V13 using a
6-foot wall in his basement
- What weight training is beneficial for climbers and why
- How to train for bouldering as opposed to route climbing
- Circuit training on a bouldering wall
- The best way to train finger strength
Links We Mentioned
Steve's Training Program
This is the training program Steve laid out in the episode for your
reference! A big thanks to Steve for putting this together. You'll
have to listen to the episode for more details, but this is the
Four week block with emphasis on strength:
Four week block with emphasis on strength endurance:
Training Programs for You
Please Review The Podcast on iTunes!
- Link to the TrainingBeta Podcast on iTunes is HERE.
- Please give the podcast an honest
review on iTunes here to help the show reach more curious
climbers around the world ;)
Thanks for listening!