Jul 9, 2015
Date: July 9th, 2015
About Kevin Jorgeson
After the Dawn Wall, Kevin Jorgeson needs no introduction really.
Even my grandmother knows his name (and I'm not joking about that).
Before the Dawn Wall, I knew Kevin for his highball bouldering; I
knew him as a bold, strong-headed climber. After his send of
Ambrosia (55-ft V11 in Bishop), he wanted something different to
challenge him, so he called up Tommy Caldwell and asked him if he
needed a partner for the Dawn Wall.
What We Talked About
In this conversation, Kevin tells me his own Dawn Wall story, how
he fought through the challenges and ultimately succeeded, how he
trained for it, and what's next.
- Which key pieces fell into place to let him send the Dawn
- The media blow-up about the Dawn Wall
- How he skipped 14b & c and jumped to sending 14d
- Why pitch 15 was so hard for him
- How he dealt with the immense pressure up there
- Specific training he did for the Dawn Wall
- Why he switched from highballing to bigwalling
Training Programs for You
Please Review The Podcast on iTunes!
- Link to the TrainingBeta Podcast on iTunes is HERE.
- Please give the podcast an honest
review on iTunes here to help the show reach more curious
climbers around the world ;)
Thanks for listening!