Sep 22, 2014
About Alli Rainey
Alli Rainey is a long-time climber and route developer, having put
up a ton of routes in Ten Sleep Wyoming and boulder problems in
Cody, Wyoming. She's redpointed several 14a's in Ten Sleep and done
more than 90 5.13s up to 5.13d all over the world. She got into
training for climbing a while back when she realized that she
wasn't the greatest at steep powerful climbing (not much of that in
Ten Sleep) and needed to train to improve.
Since then, she's studied the art and science of training for
climbing (rather than climbing to train for climbing) for herself
and her clients, and she's successfully expanded her climbing
horizons to steeper stuff. I know - I've seen her at the Motherlode
in the Red ;)
What We Talked About
- The most important things for climbers to do to get
- How everyone's needs are different, and how to train your
- Diet and body weight's role in sending hard
- What to do on your off season, and how she's successfully sent
hard routes after only climbing on her home wall
- A lot more
Support The Podcast
- This podcast is made possible by the Training Programs on
TrainingBeta. Check 'em out if you need some help sending!
- If you'd like to sponsor the podcast,
just email us at email@example.com.
Listen and Review on iTunes
- Link to the TrainingBeta Podcast on iTunes is HERE.
- Please give the podcast an honest review on
iTunes here to help the show reach more curious
climbers around the world ;)
Intro and outro song: Yesterday by Build
Thanks for listening!